Friday, April 9, 2010

Conderate History Month

This is just off top, my raw feelings about this:

I must say that I am really upset by the implementation of Confederate History Month. Virginia is my stomping grounds( highschool and college, even though I'm from the boogie down borough bka THE BRONX).

It really saddens me that they would put this into practice. I just dont understand why something like this should be celebrated. What did the confederacy really accomplish? Postiive accomplishement? We celebrate Black History Month, Women's Month, and National Hispanic History Month because of the accomplishments of this once oppressed group.

Which is unlike the confederacy! If you want to highlight the "rich" history of Virginia then maybe it should be called Virginia History Month. I dont know, maybe its me.

Also, If Virginia gets a month then so should California, Alaska, New York, Pennsylvania, Connecticut. You cant be giving out stuff all willy nilly!
 And lastly if people were truly fond of Confederate History Month, why didnt North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Arkansas, Tennesee, Mississippi, Texas, Louisiana, Alabama and Florida join? 

Or maybe they will!

No comments:

Post a Comment