Thursday, March 18, 2010

Quit the Monkey-ing Around

Monkey Business:
Walt Baker, the prominent CEO of the powerful Tennessee Hospitality Association sent out an email last night to his close buddies comparing First Lady Michelle Obama to Tarzan's Cheeta.

Baker's email:
Quoting Larry the Cable Guy…I don’t care who you are, this is funny…I was at the store yesterday, and I ran into Tarzan! I asked him how it was going and if he was into anymore movies. He told me that he could no longer make any more movies as he had severe arthritis in both shoulders and could no longer swing from vine to tree.
I asked how Jane was doing, he told me she was in bad shape, in a nursing home, has Alzheimer’s and no longer recognizes anyone, how sad. I asked about Boy, and he told me that Boy had gone to the big city, got hooked up with bad women, drugs, alcohol, and the only time he heard from him was if he was in trouble or needed something.
I asked about Cheeta, he beamed and said she was doing good, had married a Lawyer and now lived in the White House!!!




( these are the exact pictures used in his emai1)

Now what did Walt Baker have to say about all of this? "Sorry." Well, that was his apology to his friends. He gave a more elaborate apology to Metro Council.
Thursday night I spontaneously forwarded -- to a small group of people -- an email that had been sent to me as political humor. As I forwarded it, I did not think or consider its implications, other than that it was political humor. I am saddened that anyone misinterpreted the sentiments behind the email. I deeply apologize to anyone who is offended by this action. I hope that those who know me realize that the message was not intended to be malicious or hurtful in any way and can find it in their hearts to forgive me.

This apology came only after he lost a sponsorship. Of course!
Baker was later terminated because of his actions.  i don't know but is anyone breathing a sigh of relief!?

I know I'm not. Basically this is a slap on the wrist for Baker. You might be thinking "Girl, he lost his job"! Yea I know, and so have million of other Americans and they aren't necessarily falling back on a couple million in the bank (note: I can only make this assumption because Baker was a  key figure in gaining approval of the controversial $585 million convention center...and i dont think he did it for charity)

Throughout this adminstration The Obama's have constantly been referred to as some relative to the ape family. There is no apology or excuse that can pardon such trangressions. and this one definetly doesnt work:
It's not a political statement," Baker continues. "It was done in the spirit of having some fun with some close friends. It was something that was forwarded to me, and I forwarded it to a couple of people that, quite honestly, I thought might find some humor in it like I did.
 Come On, give me a break!

I bet the college students at UCSD were just having fun,  trying to have a cookout.
I guess nowadays racism is done in fun. I mean it would have to be since the US is so post-racial now.  It couldn't be seriously and blatantly be acted out post civil rights movement and Barack Obama.  It's only done in the gleeful spirit.
 You see this is a derailing method.  A way to not call an ace an ace. It's a means to invalidate a claim that something is racist. Similar to calling someone that gets upset about a hurtful comment, emotional, sensitive or even HOSTILE (Oh, no they didn't). Its a way to deflect any moral responsibility, to not be responsible for your actions. So, I wonder who really is the monkey?
I am tired of hearing these public apologies, from UCSD, John Mayer, Walt Baker, and the likes of  those to come because you know there will be others. Shut it.....

OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment