Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Important Things

Today I was going to post a blog that I wrote about fashion. However yesterday I received news that fellow UVa  student-athleteYeardley Love was found murdered in her room off campus. This is such a grievance to my heart. To have walked the campus, been an athlete, and being a recent graduate it just breaks my heart to know that there could have been a number of us in that position.

It just reminds me how precious life is and how precious people are. I've seen her in my coming and goings in the athletic training room and honestly now I wish I would have spoken to her. I am grieved that such a beautiful life was cut short.  In our day to day lives we get so busy and we forget about the small things, even saying a hello to a person. Sometimes we feel we are too "important" to speak to the "little" people and sometimes we feel too "little" to speak to the "important" ones. This has to stop! Ripping and running has to stop, we need to take the time to make the important connections.

And I quote President Casteen in a statement addressing The University, "Yeardley died without comfort or consolation from those closest to her. " This is a terrible way to go and I know that many many people go like this.

I say all of this to say, let's look out for one another. Let's show love to the one we don't care about and even more love for the one's that we do care about.

Life is too short to take for granted and when it ends you cant take any of the material possession with you. And as I believe we will only see people in Heaven (and we should be aware of what it takes to Heaven, if you are not message me and I will let you know), not money, a car, position or title.

Let's remember the important things!

No comments:

Post a Comment